First and foremost a family vehicle, the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox compares to the Cadillac SRX as a good and affordable alternate SUV option for cost-conscious families, yet it doesn’t skimp on comfort, safety, or the latest connectivity features. Reviewers say that compared to other family vehicles that are equipped to a specific price point, the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox stands out as impressive choice.
Here are five reasons why a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox is the right choice for you:
1) Affordable –
- Great gas mileage: 22 city EPA and 32 highway EPA
- MSRP from $23,755
- Cost of Ownership – over 5 years this car costs 0.08% less to own than similar vehicles.
- Leases start at $199/month, see dealer for details
2) Safe –
- Comes standard with 6 airbags; consistent top performer in crash-tests and safety ratings
- Standard Hill Start Assist never lets inclines drag you down. It keeps the brakes engaged for a split second while you transition from the brake pedal to the gas pedal, then automatically releases once you press down on the accelerator
- Equipped with advanced technologies, including StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System with Traction Control and rollover mitigation which is designed to improve vehicle stability on most road surfaces, especially during emergency maneuvers and difficult driving conditions.
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes with Electronic Brake Force distribution and available all-wheel drive. The Equinox on-demand all-wheel-drive system automatically delivers power to the wheels with the best traction for optimal grip, even on slippery or unstable road surfaces.
- Steel safety cage along with the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren) system.
- OnStar Directions & Connections®† is standard for the first six months and includes Automatic Crash Response, where built-in sensors can automatically alert OnStar for help in an emergency. Even if you can’t respond, an Advisor can request that emergency help be sent to your exact GPS location. That’s peace of mind for you and your whole family.
3) Roomy –
- Seats 5 people
- Eight-way power front passenger
- 39.9 inches of rear legroom for passengers
- Multi-Flex® rear seats forward to take advantage of extra space in the cargo area
4) Hauling Capability –
- Available V6 engine and available accessories like the dealer-installed trailer hitch gives you the ability to tow up to 3500 pounds
- Availabe Trailer Sway Control make for safer, more reliable trailering.
5) Lots of options –
- Available entertainment system, with flip-up screens in the back of the front seats and dual-wireless headphones
- Available Chevrolet MyLink works with your compatible smartphone and Bluetooth® wireless technology† to stream content to its 7″ diagonal high-resolution color-touch screen. Through voice commands or touch controls, stream Pandora® or Stitcher SmartRadio™†† or listen to commercial-free programs through SiriusXM Satellite Radio, which is standard for three months†. You can also connect your music-loaded flash drive or MP3 player through the USB connection†. Gracenote®, on the MyLink system, will even organize your music library by populating song information and album art.
- Stay connected to your Equinox with the myChevrolet† app with the connectivity of OnStar® RemoteLink™†. Check diagnostics, contact roadside assistance, perform routine maintenance and more. Available from the App Store and Google Play.
- Autonet Mobile† Wi-Fi, an available dealer-installed GM-licensed accessory that gives you and other passengers full Internet access inside Equinox — and up to a 150-foot radius around it.
- Premium eight-speaker 250-watt Pioneer® sound system† with custom-tuned equalization and subwoofer. Pioneer sound system comes standard on 2LT and LTZ, and is available on 1LT with the available V6 engine.
- Commercial-free radio with SiriusXM Satellite Radio†. The 2013 Equinox comes with a standard three-month trial, which allows you to enjoy compelling talk, comedy, news and of course, commercial-free music. While you’re at it, benefit from the Travel Link app that is available only on Chevrolet MyLink with the three month trial of SiriusXM Radio†. Enjoy the ability to have things like local movie listings, weather and gas prices at your fingertips.
- The standard USB port† can charge your MP3 player while allowing you the convenience of controlling your MP3 player through radio and steering wheel-mounted controls.
- Take calls at the touch of a button with standard Bluetooth wireless technology† available for select phones. The convenience of Bluetooth connectivity lets you make, answer and end phone calls with a tap of the steering wheel. It even mutes the stereo to take calls.